If you are looking for a school that teaches BJJ in Ledgewood NJ and the surrounding areas don’t hesitate to try Gael Force BJJ. At Gael Force BJJ we realize the important role nutrition plays in aiding recovery post work out. Eating a healthy snack after a workout is important because it helps to replenish the energy (carbohydrates) and nutrients (such as protein) that your body has used during exercise. Consuming a snack containing carbohydrates and protein after a workout will help to repair and rebuild muscle tissue, and also help to restore glycogen (a form of glucose stored in the muscles) levels in the body. Additionally, consuming a balanced snack after a workout can help to reduce muscle soreness and improve recovery time.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mixed berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peel the banana and mash it in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the oats, Greek yogurt, mixed berries, honey, and vanilla extract to the bowl with the mashed banana.
- Stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Divide the mixture into two portions and enjoy as a post-workout snack.
You can also make this recipe in bulk and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. This allows you to have a healthy post-workout snack readily available after your next workout.
At Gael Force BJJ we provide the highest quality BJJ in Ledgewood NJ and the surrounding areas. We offer three free trial classes.